2 replies to this topic

#1 Kraut

Kraut

Fara á brott með víkingum To go forth with vikings

• Members
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationSW OKC, OK

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:01 PM

Just happened to come by this on the KWA forums, so it's not an 'offical' news release:

<snip>

Something to consider is that we have plans to reintroduce an updated 1911A1 early next year. The updated version will be compatible with all the current MK series in terms of mags & parts. Posted Image

http://kwausa.com/fo...indpost&p=53524

If you've read my review of the M9 PTP line, you can understand my excitement. I'm not a fan of the 1911 overall, real or airsoft, but the A1 is such a classic and fits into many kit impressions. The 1911 Mark series were too 'taticool' for me, but I would gladly get an A1 formed around the PTP engine.
We Haven't Decided

My Reviews: KWA M9 & M9 Tactical PTP | Arc'teryx Knee Caps | Peltor Comtac II Headset

He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot.
~ Douglas Adams

What is an airsoft veteran? A vet participates in his craft often, or has in the past. A vet shows up for games as a routine, and shows professional deportment on the field. A vet strives to become a knowledgeable adversary, and as hard as it may seem at the time, can be gracious in defeat and humble in victory (nobody likes a braggart or a sore loser). A vet does accumulate an array of gear/weapons as he moves along in his endeavor to be competitive, and often learns the ins and outs of equipment modification and maintenance. A vet is usually glad to be helpful, but sometimes cannot hide his disdain for the substandard. A vet will usually step up if asked to fill a leadership role, and will just as willingly accept a subordinate position (the most fun in this game is at the grunt level anyway). Above all, the vet respects all who play the game honorably for he realizes without the others he would just plink at targets.

#2 Rowdy

Rowdy

HandBanana

• Moderators
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationTulsa Metro, Oklahoma

Posted 07 October 2011 - 04:34 PM

Nice. I might actually pic one of those up.
Even the short bus can't keep me down!

Mass Spreader of Hate and Discontent since 2005

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media.

#3 LittleGreenMan

LittleGreenMan

Owner of bunkerboxes.com

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationClose... heh heh heh !

Posted 08 October 2011 - 04:23 AM

I agree on it too. A plain 1911-A1 fits with alot of different loadouts, and the KWA NS2 format just makes it even better.
I was over at Impact Tactical Airsoft In Owasso tonight, and looked at a current production KWA 1911, one of the MKIV in the PTP line. TIght fit parts, easy to adjust hopup, and the mag feed lips are really strong. i'm going to get a KWA in the 1911 variant, possibly a MKII - because it has a lanyard loop in the bottom of the grip frame. Quality looks alot better on the KWA than on anything else out there. Only other gun I've liked is the WE Hi Capa, just for the mag capacity, and the fact that KnightArgent recommends them too.

Thanks for the heads up, Kraut.
EVENTS:
Oklahoma Invasion VI, 2011 - OKPA Squad 1-1, Team Driver / Rifleman (M274A5 Military Mule driver)

Black OP 1: (Sept 26, 2010) Gruber MOUT facility BLUEFOR-Team B2

Player Appreciation Day (Oct. 23, 2010) DDAP - Insurgents

Member of the OKLAHOMA BADLAND REGULATORS - Rifleman

Sponsor of local and regional airsoft events - through BUNKERBOXES.COM

QUOTES TO REMEMBER:

"NEVER EVER eat the Pork sausage patty MRE, it smells like a mixture of alpo and fancy feast, lol. I think it was made with extra fiber or something." - BTX, 5-30-2011

"There are three kinds of men: The ones that learn by reading. The few who learn by observation. The rest of them have to pee on the electric fence and find out for themselves." - Will Rogers

"You can never MISS fast enough to keep up. HIT your targets !" - George David Hardwick (firearms instructor)

GOT CRATES? Ask me how !
Posted Image

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: KWA, PTP, 1911, 1911A1, Colt, GBB, Pistol