7 replies to this topic

#1 Aaron Cobb

Aaron Cobb

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLawton, OK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 04:59 PM

For those of us wanting to show off our plate carriers and such, here is a set of prints for a DIY armor stand using only 2x4's. Just download the PDF and enjoy! Just FYI, I have a 2-tier design I may upload later.

Attached File  STAND.PDF   447.9KB   6 downloads

STAND.JPG

EDIT: Properly attached PDF of drawing. Thanks Dave for pointing this out; first time attaching a document.

#2 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:15 PM

Whoever did the drafts did a neat job.

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

emot-sax.gif  emot-drum.gif emot-guitar.gif

#3 Aaron Cobb

Aaron Cobb

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLawton, OK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:27 PM

They're mine; I designed this thing from scratch. I could've put a bit more effort in it but it was a quick 15 minute project while I waited on a project at work to load (boggles my mind that a computer with 12, 2.66 MHz processes, 12 gigs of memory, and a 4 GB graphics card can be so slow at times!!!).

#4 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 05:36 PM

In that case, fix your sloppy admin data and change the file names!

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

#5 Aaron Cobb

Aaron Cobb

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLawton, OK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:06 PM

Lol, I wish it were that simple; I'm a design drafter and I'm currently working on some rather large projects. I think on last tally I was approaching 15,000 bodies in Solidworks on one of the files I am working on... We are getting some new computers next month though; each will cost over 8 grand!

#6 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:37 PM

Biggest project I did was around 1-2k parts, and it took 30 min to load (2006).  I'm glad no one uses Inventor in the industry.

#7 Aaron Cobb

Aaron Cobb

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 83 posts
  • LocationLawton, OK

Posted 16 August 2013 - 06:53 PM

ROFL, I am working on a project with some Canadians and they use Unventor... A REAL pain in my side!!! I had to convert a whole STP file to a solidworks assembly, then to a solidworks part file for the trailer I'm working on now.

#8 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 16 August 2013 - 07:22 PM

Yeah, I never figured out how to import IPTs into Solidworks, so I gave up.  Then Solidworks was a PITA converting into ProE, so I gave up on SW too.  Pro E is the shit though.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: DIY, Gear, Stand