9 replies to this topic

#1 nateisthebest05

nateisthebest05

New Guy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGlenpool

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:32 PM

Its a game type I played a lot in Washington. Each team has a medic or two, when you get shot you just go down and start yelling for your teams medic. They come and touch you your back up. The medics die NO more response. Good Times

#2 DocDodge

DocDodge

It's not the years, it's the mileage.

• Members
  • 2,897 posts
  • LocationRough roads, well travelled.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 04:00 PM

There are various medic rules used in large games and ops in this area.

"With GOD as my witness, I swear I thought turkeys could fly."24.gif

U.S. ARMY & OKARNG
91B20/19D20 1974-1988
TANK.GIF

#3 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:09 PM

We do use medics in OK.  Good times indeed~

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

emot-sax.gif  emot-drum.gif emot-guitar.gif

#4 nateisthebest05

nateisthebest05

New Guy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  • LocationGlenpool

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Oh, Ive never played that up here. The Tulsa indoor field really only plays game types that they have seen on video games. But I figured medics have a good role in Milsims

#5 DocDodge

DocDodge

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 06:03 AM

Mil-sim is the key word here. Some CQB places are more like speedball/backyardigans.

U.S. ARMY & OKARNG
91B20/19D20 1974-1988
TANK.GIF

#6 Unconquered

Unconquered

Conquered

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:11 PM

I'ven't played too terribly much when medics are involved, but I'm mixed on the matter. On one hand it promotes team dynamics. On the other, just touching someone and they're fully healed isn't very realistic and allows a squad to squat within an arms length of the medic and become invincible. Such a impossible defense happened in the last game at the TA field saturday.

Green life chose me.CQB: HPA ACM M500 w/ CAA realsteel stock, pistolgrip, and dot sight -- 350fps<p>Field: P* APS UAR V.2 w/ Prowin/Prometheus R-hop, Falcon Eight 455mm barrel, green laser, and 1-4.5X scope -- 400fps for now

#7 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 05:35 PM

Sounds like a game design problem.  Typically there is type of time delay implemented to prevent the 'god mode' from getting switched on.  At large ops, medics are required to put bandages on players.  The time it takes to dig out the bandage, tie it around the arm, and send them on their way is a decent enough delay to avoid the 'fully automatic respawn'.

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

emot-sax.gif  emot-drum.gif emot-guitar.gif

#8 DocDodge

DocDodge

• Members
  • 2,897 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

The bandage tie/knot-untie rules are great as they stop the instant healing of players. If you want to change up rules, the leaders of the factions could have a 'Geneva Convention' and discuss medic rules, such as all medics are unarmed, will wear an armband, and will be able to evac patients back to their aid station for treatment. Sort or a mutual agreement, 'You don't shoot our medics, we won't shoot yours.'

U.S. ARMY & OKARNG
91B20/19D20 1974-1988
TANK.GIF

#9 Unconquered

Unconquered

Conquered

• Members
  • 202 posts
  • LocationNorman, OK

Posted 17 November 2013 - 04:13 PM

That sounds pretty cool. I guess I need to get myself to an Op sometime so I can see all this stuff people are talking about.

Green life chose me.CQB: HPA ACM M500 w/ CAA realsteel stock, pistolgrip, and dot sight -- 350fps<p>Field: P* APS UAR V.2 w/ Prowin/Prometheus R-hop, Falcon Eight 455mm barrel, green laser, and 1-4.5X scope -- 400fps for now

#10 Chuck_C

Chuck_C

New Guy

• Members
  • 7 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 10:21 PM

The bandage tie on is a good idea. I believe that you should be only able to tie on four bandages, and then the player is out for good. I figured one bandage for every appendage. Medics are armed in the service, and should be armed in a scenario. Side arms or SMG's of some sort would be optimal. That is just my two cents.

"A people that values its privileges above its principles soon loses both." -Dwight D. Eisenhower