52 replies to this topic

#41 Ian

Ian

OKAirsoft Addict

• Supporting Member
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:10 AM

In the spirit of continuing the AK picture thread...

gaykay74.jpg

#42 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 03:17 PM

What sight is that on the left?  Looks like it has a really narrow aperture.

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

emot-sax.gif  emot-drum.gif emot-guitar.gif

#43 Ian

Ian

OKAirsoft Addict

• Supporting Member
  • 1,369 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 March 2014 - 07:30 PM

COMRADE DAVE, SIGHT IS OF TYPE Обзор 1P63, IS FOR MAKE DEAD FASCIST

#44 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationStillwater

Posted 12 April 2014 - 03:51 AM

Ah yes, the Obzor! So much want! Very nice collection, Ian. First though, I need a weapon on which to mount said optic. No money right now for one or even in the foreseeable future, so I am relegated to airsoft for now. I'd love to get my hands on a Venezuelan contract PKA though. They sit a low enough to have the lower 1/3 co-wintess with the irons. I like the Russian collimators and red dots. The reticles tend to be a bit smaller than their western counterparts, but the trade off is better long-range performance. a 1/2-MOA dot beats the hell out of a 4 MOA dot at 400yds any day. The Obzor is a good balance. Large, German-post-style reticle for CQB and a smaller chevron at the middle for longer-range targets. 

The only thing is, they sit high. A chin-weld is the norm. I can only imagine the purpose of this to be for use with ballistic helmets such as the Altyn or K-63. 

This site has very good writeups on quite a few Russian optics for comrade Dave: http://russianoptics.net/Obzor.html

"The strength of the pack is the Wolf. The strength of the Wolf is the pack."

AK Guru - Real Steel and Airsoft.

AK is assault rifle, not dress-up doll!

CO- Dog Soldier regiment

Resident mall ninja

#45 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 13 April 2014 - 07:47 PM

Thanks bro, I'll check it out :)

Chrissexton: any one think this is a sine that they done need to make the bat man movies any more the firs one that was made the joker killed him self and now this

#46 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 03 April 2015 - 10:52 PM

So E&L makes a pretty AK... 

1797437_10153277150901742_49370832197066

After looking for a Kobra EKP-1S-01 repro for a year, I said to hell with it and just bought a real one (was about 80bux more)

11136232_10153277151106742_9038225130079

The magazine feels like plastic garbage, but the AK itself is pretty baller.

#47 Rowdy

Rowdy

HandBanana

• Moderators
  • 1,039 posts
  • LocationTulsa Metro, Oklahoma

Posted 11 April 2015 - 02:49 AM

Sexy...

Even the short bus can't keep me down!

Mass Spreader of Hate and Discontent since 2005

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media.

#48 Brett Lee

Brett Lee

New Guy

• Members
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNoble, Oklahoma

Posted 22 April 2015 - 08:07 PM

The Atomov Klashnikov is a good platform and has an array of types of machinery. So i believe that this thread is not stupid sir it is for guys wanting t discuss the AK.
The Leester.....

#49 Brett Lee

Brett Lee

New Guy

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 22 April 2015 - 09:02 PM

That post came a bit late
The Leester.....

#50 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 24 April 2015 - 08:36 AM

It was a solid attempt Brett.  Better luck next time.

In other news, I sanded the paint off my bolt to get a nice steel look.  I'll post a picture whenever I get home. 

#51 Shadow Wolf

Shadow Wolf

OKAirsoft Regular

• Members
  • 115 posts
  • LocationStillwater

Posted 15 May 2015 - 03:17 AM

I'm probably a bit late on this, Dave but I never thought of doing that! I've always loved the bare steel look on the bolt/carrier. It's kinda pointless to do to my Dboys though. Their charging handle is just a little piece of steel that rides on a tiny spring-loaded rod. I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about, It barely keeps it from flopping all over the place. I've had to train away my reflex to charge the weapon upon insertion of a mag. In lieu of physically manipulating the bolt, I just touch it. That way, I figure the bulk of the action is there and the muscle memory is retained without jacking my charging handle up....which I have already kinda managed to do in the process of training the action away in the first place.

"The strength of the pack is the Wolf. The strength of the Wolf is the pack."

AK Guru - Real Steel and Airsoft.

AK is assault rifle, not dress-up doll!

CO- Dog Soldier regiment

Resident mall ninja

#52 Brett Lee

Brett Lee

New Guy

• Members
  • 14 posts

Posted 16 May 2015 - 02:38 AM

I have the same problem, I am a strong supporter of firearms and when I get ahold of an airsoft rifle I can't help myself from pulling back the charging handle when I load a fresh one.
The Leester.....

#53 Dave

Dave

Bydand

• Moderators
  • 1,742 posts

Posted 18 May 2015 - 05:00 AM

I'm probably a bit late on this, Dave but I never thought of doing that! I've always loved the bare steel look on the bolt/carrier. It's kinda pointless to do to my Dboys though. Their charging handle is just a little piece of steel that rides on a tiny spring-loaded rod. I'm sure you all know the one I'm talking about, It barely keeps it from flopping all over the place. I've had to train away my reflex to charge the weapon upon insertion of a mag. In lieu of physically manipulating the bolt, I just touch it. That way, I figure the bulk of the action is there and the muscle memory is retained without jacking my charging handle up....which I have already kinda managed to do in the process of training the action away in the first place.

I do about the same thing with my AEGs.  My bolt sounds identical to your DBoys.. dumb.  The paint on the bolt when I sanded it about glued my fingers together.  Very tacky.  The whole process (dremel w/ sand wheel, hand sand, steel wool, then Brasso) took maybe 3 min.  It looks well used now, which is what I wanted.  I have some wartime picture research to do but I may sand some other parts of it to complete the look.  

In other news, I heard a rumor E&L was coming out with a VS VAL and a Vintorez soon   :wub:  :wub:  :wub: 

11059325_10155510698410548_2930299165057